Sunday AfternoonBy Yakko Majuri
What is this website?
is hopefuly will be where I host my "stream of
consciousness" blog. My more structured and education-focused
technical writing can still be found
Why is it called 'Sunday Afternoon'?
Sunday afternoons are often when I'm most contemplative, as well as when I generally have the most time to spare. They have traditionally been when I develop my best concepts for writing, so the blog name felt appropriate. The bulk of the time I spend on this blog will also probably happen on sunday afternoons.
Raw pieces comprising what I'm thinking about at a given point in time. Barely edited, often written quickly in one go.
- Be careful with Heroku Postgres
- The hiker's goal
- Hiking around Andorra in 5 days
- YC owns the product analytics space
- Why I built my own static site generator
- What's the cost?
As someone who does not have a social media presence, I'll be using this blog to display some of my favorite pictures. Currently work in progress - more albums coming soon.
Ideas for posts that I may or may not write. It feels like having them here would make me more likely to write them at some point.
- Thinking in tables
- I don't own anything
- Flexitarianism actually makes sense
- Where did my users go? Configuring ClickHouse merge trees
- What I learned from doing hundreds of product demos
- On becoming lazy
- Synchronization is hard
- Hitchhiking around all of Taiwan
- What's in my backpack?
- Growing up too fast
- Lessons for small town engineers
- Understanding your audience
- Thinking in FAANG
- What's your price?
- Crossing lines
- Don't do the thing you have a competitive advantage in
- The most difficult question I have to answer
- Is hypocrisy a real thing?
- You don't understand
- I'm no better
- Don't put me on another podcast
- Damn these values
- Making my job obsolete
- Toilet UX
- Heart attack prevention